Autor Thema: Twitter with OAuth  (Gelesen 5637 mal)

chrissl

• Showmaster
    • Profil anzeigen
Twitter with OAuth
« am: 08. September 2010, 22:24:07 »
Zitat
twitter with oauth is finally here!
90% credit goes to Dentist, he wrote the original plugin which is what this plugin is mostly comprised of. I have just added in the OAuth stuff so twitter can work again.

Dependencies
Most likely you won't just be able to throw this in your plugins directory and get it working. One thing it relies on: Visual Studio 2010 runtime libraries. I have uploaded them to my site for easy download, or you can grab them at the official MS site if you like:
- Direct download from my site
- Download from Microsoft

Getting Started
Next! The first time you run this, it will throw up a popup box and will load a webpage, hopefully asking for you to log into twitter or to confirm/deny you're happy with Miranda to use twitter. Please confirm/log in, and it will present you with a PIN. Here's the bad bit. I couldn't figure out how to do a proper dialogue, so you just have to put the PIN directly into the database. I know.. pretty embarrassing.. hey? anyways, if you don't have it, grab the DBEditor++ Plugin, and open it up. Click Settings, and select your Twitter hive, it'll probably be "Twitter_1", or whatever the "internal account name" was that you specified when you created the twitter account. In there you'll see an entry "OAuthPIN", with a value of something like "DELETE THIS AND PUT YOUR PIN IN", well... delete that value and put the PIN from the webpage in there. Click OK on the MessageBox that pops up telling you all this (you can dismiss this message whenever), and reconnect to twitter. Everything should work perfectly! Or... probably not. I've had a few problems where it'll come up with a error telling you to delete your OAuth variable out of the DB and try again. In all hontesty the best way around this is to just delete your entire twitter account (from Miranda! not twitter.com), and re-add it. this fixes all the problems i've seen. good luck!

Known Issues:
- Cannot post tweets! i'm still working on this one. it's at the top of my priority list
- No proper input dialogue for the PIN number. sorry about this.. i'll fix it or Thief may come up with a solution :)
- debug release. i could have spent another few hours fixing the WinInet dependencies.. or i could have just released this to you to get you going. i chose the latter.. will be fixed
- closed source.. i'll have to come up with some compromise for this.

Changelog:
- OAuth used for authorisation now
- I have broken many things, and desecrated Dentist's once beautiful code. i think at one point i added a "2" to a variable name because i couldn't think of a better name. So sorry :(

Wish List
Here's all the things I want to add to the plugin, in no order:
- Proper reply to tweets functionality
- Use contact status better.. if someone hasn't tweeted in a few hours, they're not really online.

Download:
http://twosx.net/mim/twitter/twitter.zip

Englische Diskussion:
http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?25033-Twitter-with-OAuth-Discussion

Plugin befindet sich in frühem Alphastatus !

Jenson_P

• Überall-Mitmischer
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Twitter with OAuth
« Antwort #1 am: 29. September 2010, 09:28:13 »
Twitter 0.0.9.2 verfügbar!

Zitat
Changelog
- DMs now actually work.
- your username should appear in the chat window now.. thx Thief
- Tweeting (and posting DMs?) now works (thanks Borkra!)
- Removed dependencies on WinInet, so this now an actual Release build. yay
- seem to have broken proxy support.. which is weird. working on it.

Known Issues
- doesn't appear to work with miranda 0.10.0 #1 or 0.9.2 and earlier (maybe even 0.9.3). The fix appears to be in 0.9.4 #2, grab it HERE.

Download
http://twosx.net/mim/twitter/twitter0092.zip

das_karlchen

• Forenjunkie
  • lass mi ran da, denn sie will ja
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 02. Oktober 2010, 13:30:38 »
Twitter 0.0.9.3 verfügbar!

Zitat
Changelog
- Fixed connection problems
- Hopefully fixed unicode problems, please let me know!
- Cleaned up some code, got rid of the password input field as this isn't required with OAuth. If you're security concious feel free to delete the password field from the database. i'll add some code to do this automatically next time.

Known Issues
- doesn't appear to work with miranda 0.10.0 #1 or 0.9.2 and earlier (maybe even 0.9.3). The fix appears to be in 0.9.4

Download
http://twosx.net/mim/twitter/twitter0093.zip

meine versionsinfo « Letztes Update: 22 Juli 2010 um 10:47:48 &
meine versionsinfo vom EeePC « Letztes Update: 22 Juni 2010 um  09:51:44

puttee

• Tastaturquäler
  • www.puttee.de | Miranda Fusion
    • Profil anzeigen
    • www.puttee.de | www.miranda-fusion.de
« Antwort #3 am: 03. Oktober 2010, 08:52:02 »
Twitter 0.0.9.5 verfügbar!

Changelog
Zitat
- should fix duplicate contacts

- now has native retweets in the timeline
- fixes some other issues

Download
http://twosx.net/mim/twitter/twitter0095.zip
Motto: Optimisten haben gar keine Ahnung von den freudigen Überraschungen, die Pessimisten erleben.

puttee

• Tastaturquäler
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: 06. Oktober 2010, 10:55:26 »
Twitter 0.0.9.6 verfügbar!

Changelog:
Zitat
- Updater now working
- Auto group support, you'll see a field in the account page called Default Group. put in a group name there to have twitter contacts auto added to a group
- Other minor fixes

Download
http://twosx.net/mim/twitter/updater/twitter.zip
Motto: Optimisten haben gar keine Ahnung von den freudigen Überraschungen, die Pessimisten erleben.

puttee

• Tastaturquäler
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Oktober 2010, 13:03:42 »
Twitter 0.0.9.7 verfügbar!

Changelog:
Zitat
- Major options cleanup
- Default group now has a GUI in the options/accounts
- stopped twitter from going offline so much (needs 3 network fails in a row before it will go offline)
- open source! code is super messy. please feel free to post if you have any questions. the open source code will not compile with the official OAUTH keys!
- added code to stop tweets becoming messages. you will need to add a "tweetToMsg" variable as type BYTE to the db, and set to 0 if you want tweets to NOT become messages.
- fixed single % signs from disappearing in the group chat, and also stopped "%" becoming "%%" if you typed it into the group chat input area to tweet.
- fixed long native retweets from being truncated
- code cleanup, minor fixes

Download
http://miranda-twitter-oauth.googlecode.com/files/twitter.zip

CHEF-KOCH

• Akkordschreiber
  • ~inSiDeR~
    • CHEF-KOCH@draugr.de"
    • Profil anzeigen
    • PhoenixBBS
Twitter with OAuth
« Antwort #6 am: 23. August 2011, 01:15:50 »
Twitter 1.0.0.0 Beta verfügbar!

Changelog:
- minor resource file cleanup
- added UI for TweetToMsg key (Fixes issue 2)
- added a tip for created but not linked accounts (Fixes issue 6)
- v1.0.0.0
potential?  fixed the crashing when certain users with avatars with no file extentions are encountered.
also figured out the weird DB problems - seems the old versions of the popup plugin did it. 
other minor fixes too.. i attempt to be memory conscious (in terms of leaks, not usage).
- updated homepage url to point to google code project

Download (Erstellt vom Autor - Mirror by CHEF-KOCH):
Twitter 1.0.0.0 Beta
Do not question my results, i will not fail!
You are nothing! I'm a warrior, the prince of all!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
44 43 6F 72 65 20 2F 20 4A 4D 59 43